Free COVID-19 Testing Available for Staff, K-12 Students
Free COVID-19 testing is available for district staff and students in grades K-12.
Tests are completely voluntary. Importantly – testing is for asymptomatic individuals only, or those looking for “peace of mind.” Staff or students experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will not be tested and should not enter school. Those with COVID-19 symptoms should instead contact their primary care doctor or utilize a testing site outside of school.
To get tested for COVID-19 at school, please contact one of the following school nurses to make an appointment:
Jr./Sr. High School (Grades 7-12 students and staff) Laura Martino, R.N. (315) 557-2624 firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper Elementary School (Grades 3-6 students and staff) Sabrina Verdgeline, R.N. (315) 557-2605 email@example.com
Primary Elementary School (Grades K-2 students and staff) Alicia Brown, R.N. (315) 557-2631 firstname.lastname@example.org
Students under the age of 18 must provide a signed parent consent form to get tested. To download and print a parent consent form, click here.
Students in grades K-6 must be accompanied by a parent to get tested.
Additional Testing Information:
· Testing will be conducted using rapid antigen tests manufactured by Abbott and provided for free by the New York State Department of Health.
· Testing is a simple and painless process. A swab similar to a Q-tip is briefly inserted into the lower part of the nose. All testing is self-administered.
· School nurses will be present for all testing.
· After getting tested, individuals must promptly leave the testing room. Those tested will receive their results the same day.
· All results, negative and positive, will be reported to the New York State Department of Health. In addition to contacting parents, any positive results will be immediately reported to the appropriate building principal and superintendent of schools.